Aaaaaaaaah, I’m so exhausted but I have to write immediately otherwise I just won’t get around to it.
Sooooo you know how everyone disses New Year Resolutions because ‘why don’t you just make a change in your life when you want to, why does it have to be January’ and because ‘you never stick to them anyway’ and bla bla bla….well, my dad always made us write them down as kids, and I’ve always kept up the habit and it’s served me well.
I think it’s very important to keep track of short- AND long-term goals, and to have them written somewhere you will see them every day. (My list from last year was on my fridge in my old flat in Madrid and I accidentally left it there when I moved back to Australia, and my soul sister Cleo kept tabs on me across the seas and making sure I was sticking to them through-out the year, it was sick.)
I’ve been incredibly slack with this little blog for a while, but I’m determined to get it up and running. I basically want it to be a way for me to express all of the ideas/whinging/white noise/inspiration/everything that comes out of my brain, and I also want to stop using Facebook because it’s the devil so I need to commit to writing on it more so it becomes a habit.
So without further ado, my resolutions for 2014 are:
1. To learn to hula-hoop.
2. To become one of those people who spends next to nothing and lives off fuck-all money and manages to make a tenner last a week. You know the kind.
3. To write at least one genuine blog-post per week.
4. To minimise sun exposure so as not to get sunburnt or even sun-pinkened (I’m super pale and freckly so I look terrible when I get a bit too much sun, and I’m also super keen not to get skin cancer).
5. Brush and floss my teeth daily. I know! I’m a scumbag. But some days I just don’t! It’s my dirtiest secret and I’m ready to change!
6. To play football (soccer) in Spain over summer while I’m there….because I love football and it would be really fun, but I was too scared to kind of put myself out there and ask people to have a kick when I lived in Madrid last year. Also it was winter.
7. To play football in England when I move there later this year. I want to hone my football skills and become mad awesome at it because I love it. Basically I want to be like Ronaldo but, like, way better, yeah?
8. To learn more piano. I know this is phrased weirdly but I learnt it as a kid and I did a little bit of practice last (2013) year and I really want to do more!
9. To learn more French. (Same goes: it was a resolution last year, and I did a little, plus I did it in high school which I’ve mostly suppressed, but I’d like to do a lot more!)
There are a few more but that’s the nib and jist of it! The hula-hooping one is coming along quite nicely so far. I’ll post a video at some point, when I figure out how. Actually first I’ll probably post a video of me singing this song that’s been in my head for fucking TEN MONTHS. Yeah, I think I’ll do that right now.
Happy new year, everyone!